Monday, April 30, 2007

Back from vacation..

I got back from vacation today and I have to say it..I had a blast! We had a rocky beginning with a flat tire in PA but after getting it fixed and a good night sleep, the rest continued beautifully. We arrived on schedule in Missouri on Thursday night, around 8. We went right to my grandmas so we could relax. On Friday, we went to the park with Luke and Austin (both 5) and had sonic burgers.mmmm. Friday night everyone came to see me. My 4 siblings and my nephew all came to see me. We hung out for hours just laughing and remembering old times. It was great. On Saturday, I went to see my mom. We hung out at her house then went to the bar. I sang Karoke! Can you believe that? Of course I was slightly intoxicated. :) On Sunday, when I woke up, we went and had family pictures done, ordered all of them and then I was off to Springfield to see my Dad. We went to dinner together on Sunday and watched Happy Feet. On Monday, we went shopping, had a late lunch at 'The Incredible Pizza Place' ate a ton of food and went to see a double A Cardinals game. It rained a bit, but we had a great time. My hubby was happy because the 2006 Championship trophy was there and he got to take a picture with it. On Tuesday we said our goodbye's to my dad and headed to Branson where we took a tour of the Titanic Mueseum. It was pretty neat. After that we headed home. On Wednesday, we hung out with my grandma and did nothing :) It was relaxing. On Thursday, my hubby, my sister and her boyfriend went with me to Ha Ha Tonka. That was exhausting but the sites were amazing. After eating at Taco Bell, we did some errands and went to my uncles for a Bar-be-que. After stuffing our faces with some really good food, we headed back to my grandmas for some relaxing time. On Friday, we went back to Springfield (about an hour away) and met up with my Dad again to go to Silver Dollar City. That was fun!! I haven't been on a roller coaster in years. I also got to ride the new "Swing" and it was terrifying, I wouldn't do it again, but I was awesome! After that we went to 'Ride the Ducks'. It is basically a bus that drives on land and floats on water. They take you on a tour of scenic Branson, Mo, then take you onto TableRock Lake. After all of this fun, I said my final goodbye to my dad, since i won't see him again until next year, got into my car and cried for a few minutes, then drove the hour back to my grandma's. Exhausted, I slept. The next morning, Sat, my last day at home, I showered and got ready for my friend, Shelby's wedding. Ahh, She was so beautiful. Her wedding was modest but wonderful. She did an excellent job. After the I Do's and the food, I went to help my sister get ready for prom. Six hours later..I kid you not..She was ready and on her way. I went to the civic center to take her picture walking down the stairs and left. We stopped by Shelby's parents house, visited for a little bit then went back to my grandma's were we packed and loaded the car. AFter eating dinner and visiting with my grandma, I went to bed. That concludes my Vacation. I had so much fun!

No comments: