My favorite memories:
- He used to call me "Chipmunk" because of my chubby cheeks
- He taught me how to drive and didn't tell anyone or get mad when I wrecked his truck.
- He would always make me laugh.
- He was honest and good natured.
- He was very hardworking and would do anything for anybody.
- He was so kind.
- He had the greatest laugh. Even when he was told he had 2 months to live, he was laughing at my jokes.
He never had kids. He married my aunt Kathy when I was 15. I like to think he kind of treated me like his daughter. I wouldn't of minded. He was such an amazing guy.
I was trying to order flowers but what do you order? Flowers? I ended up sending a basket of flowers and memory tree for my aunt to plant wherever she wanted.
I'm so angry he's gone. It's not fair. When I went home in Oct, they said he had cancer in his heart and that he had 2 months. Somewhere I feared I'd never see him again but I think I'd talked myself into thinking that I'd see him next year. I wish I could go home and be with my family. My girls need me here. I can't fly in because the airport is 3 hours away from where I need to be and I'm afraid to drive through St. Louis by myself.
And if all of this is not enough...I think my daughter has the fifths disease. How in the heck did she get that? I think I need sleep. It's been a long day.