Wednesday, January 16, 2008

NT Scan..

I had my NT scan yesterday and thought I'd write a blog about how it went. First, I filled out all of the paper work. We waited for about 20 minutes, and then went in. I undressed from the waist down and laid on the table. We did an external u/s first.


This is baby A. Baby A was playing, kicking and waving. A was also swimming and moving around having a good time. A kept looking at us and wouldn't turn so we could get a profile. It was so cute watching A play. We watched for about 1/2 an hour. In the end, A measured Okay. They measured spinal fluid and nasal cavity.

This is Baby B. B was not quite so happy to be filmed. B wouldn't move much for the u/s lady. We did get B to move an arm and she got a great shot of the baby waving 'HI'. She said that he was quieter and was probably because: a) I hadn't eaten yet or b) because it was early in the morning. B's measurments were also right on target.

Both hearts were beating and although we are not out of the woods with the genetic disorder testing, we are pretty sure they are both going to be okay. Blood results come next week and then we can breathe easy. It was a great day.

I offically told everyone that knows me. Everyone was really happy for me. It really was a great day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so happy to hear that everything is looking good. When will you find out their sexes (sorry--I'm not hip to all the pregnancy stuff)?
But good for you. I bet you are breathing much easier today.