Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life with 2 1-month-olds...

I've been super busy. Everyday I sign on to blog, then get up, hoping to get back but never do. I have one baby awake, one waking up slowly, dishes and laundry need be started BUT I'm going to post a blog :).

We are getting more into a routine and sometimes, like last night, it fails and we make the best of it. Katie refused to sleep unless I was holding her. She has never done this and at 4, reasoning is not my best, so she got her way. I slept with her in my arms. She slept this way until 7. I fed her and she would not go back to sleep. Karly woke up at 730, happy as usual. Right now, Katie is on the couch, with a bottle propped. I don't like doing this, but if she falls asleep, I'd rather have it be there instead of me holding her. Karly is hanging out in the swing, which she doesn't hate as much as she did. My plan is to go for a walk around 10 (we like our morning walk) but it looks like rain so I'm not sure but I do need to go out.
Today, I need to take my comforter to the laundry mat. It has been peed and pooped on and I've tried scrubbing it (it doesn't fit in the washer) but sleeping under it grosses me out, so when we take our morning walk, I'm stopping by and dropping it in. I also want to pick up a cake that says "Happy 1 month, Katie and Karly!"


I'll leave you with photos and since they both are sleeping, I'm going to have breakfast and pump.






3 comments:

Kristen said...

They are so beautiful!!! I can't believe they are already a month! Where does the time go????

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are both so beautiful!

I am glad you are working on a schedule. I know here in CA they have baby nurses that the hospital will send out after a few months to help work on a schedule. Good for you two getting it figured out on your own!

Ariella said...

They are so cute! I can't belive how big they are getting.