Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Been a bit..

Okay. Life is so hectic right now.

1. We live in a very small "studio" type place. We have a bedroom, bathroom, livingroom, kitchen. It's livable, just small. Half of our room is our bedroom. Half of the room belongs to the girls. The girls have taken over the living room as well. The hallway is full of clutter and life is just a mess. So, we've decided to redue the bedroom. That means rearranging it. Before, it was more ours than theirs. I realized, if you rearrange it the right way, it's big enough to be half and half. After some remodeling, painting (to make it more girly) and adding some shelves, the room looks way bigger than it is and all the girls stuff is playable and usable. Next we have living room. Another nice size room but a room we've taken over in our 5 years of marriage. Things we've collected, magazines, and lots of junk. Slowly, I've been packing all of the "junk" away to be used one day when we have a bigger place (maybe a few years..this will NOT work when the girls are bigger). We will be working to get rid of the oversized entertainment center and the huge computer desk, to a smaller version of both to make more room for all babies toys and more room for the to crawl around and play. You enter through the hallway, so there's lots of crap there too. Life is being happy with what you have, right? Well we are trying to make it work :).

2. In the mist of all of this, I've gone back to work. Monday and Tuesday were hard. Today was easier. The days go by much faster which I don't like. I enjoy my girls in the morning, then leave them with either my hubby or my mother in law. Work isn't too bad. It goes fast and I don't have a lot to do. The kids are pretty good and the room is tidy so not much cleaning.

so lifes a bit crazy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your plate full! I'm glad you're happy though, that's what counts.

Just keep keeping on, things will feel easier when you have a routine worked out with your job again I bet.

Sandi said...

I didn't end up going back after my twins were born. I gave my notice at the beginning of the month. With 2 in daycare, it's just too expensive, and I'd be working for nothing.

HOWEVER, if there had been a way to not have them in daycare? I'd totally have gone back. I think the break would've been nice, because some days? I'm nuts.

Cassie said...

Wow, sounds like you do have a lot going on! I'm glad you're getting things done around the house, though. I totally know what you mean about babies taking over everything. Just this morning, I was thinking, "He's only one little person, and yet he has stuff in EVERY ROOM OF OUR HOUSE." Sheesh.

I'm glad it's getting easier to go into work. That first week back was hard for me, too. Sounds like things are going pretty well there, though.

Valerie said...

Going back to work is hard...I hate that I don't get much time with them during week. :(

Your house sounds like mine. There is baby stuff in every room.

I love the pics.