Sunday, November 2, 2008

Even tired would say I'm tired haha..

I am exhausted! For some reason, my body has decided that it only needs minimal sleep before it's time to get up but doesn't think of everything it has to do before it goes to bed again.

Last night, I went to bed at 11, after everything was done for the day. I painted, cleaned, finished laundry, washed and made bottles for the night and today.

At 3:30 am, Katherine wakes up, probably thinking it's really 4:30 and since she had thrown up her bottle the night before and went to sleep on an ounce of Pedilyte, I decided to feed her. She went back to sleep but I couldn't. When I finally felt drowsy enough, Karly woke up to eat. It was 5:30 am, she usually eats around 6 so I got up to feed her. When she was finished, sun was shining (kind of) and my body decided it was time to go to work.

Today has been a long day. I cleaned the garage, organized boxes and took care of the babies. Everything was going good and at 230 I layed on the sofa with a Karly and a bottle. When she finished, she was asleep, so I joined her. It must of been right after I fell into a deep sleep that I noticed my stomach felt warm and wet. I opened my eyes in time to see Karly vomit all over herself. I sat up to grab the burp cloth and she vomited on the couch. I tried to get her over the floor (that I can clean) and she vomits on dh. I look down and am covered with it. She starts crying. I carry her into the bedroom, take off my shirt and undress Karly. She continues crying and I noticed it was coming out of her nose. After cleaning her and myself up, I thought it was over. Karly has reflux and is always spitting up (granted this was more but I'm not going to go crazy over 1 vomit session) so I put her in her bouncer and went to look at my very expensive not yet paid off suede and leather sofa. It is very much ruined. If anyone knows how to clean this, the advice is greatly appreciated.

So while holding her after this debacle, I smell a stinky diaper so I lay her down to change her and let me tell you..I was not good. It was awful. I decided with the vomit and now this, I'd take her to the dr. There they told me that she probably has a virus and to give it 3 to 4 days and if it's worse, come back. Great! Now I can only feed Karly 2 ounces per feeding. Do you know what it's like to take a bottle away from a hungry baby and tell her she can have more in an hour? It's heartbreaking.

I'm exhausted...

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, Tina, I'm so sorry! That is absolutely horrible about Karly. I hope she feels better really soon!

As far as the sofa goes, I don't have any suggestions, unfortunately. Did you happen to purchase the cleaning plans some places offer when you bought it? That's such a shame.

I love your new header, by the way :o).

Sandi said...

Awwww. Poor little girl! (And you too!)