Sunday, January 31, 2010

Before finishing lesson plans..


Katie






Karly



Tonight as I was getting the girls ready for bed, I noticed the Karly felt warm. Then it hit me that I had that nagging feeling all day that something was off about her. It's odd how you learn that. Donald said I had mentioned earlier this morning that I thought she was getting sick but just took it as me being an over-worrier. Which I am 99.9% of the time. Tonight her temp was 102.7. I gave her motrin, called worked to tell them I was coming in late and then called her dr to leave a message that I would be there in the morning but that's all I can do. I hate when they are sick. There is nothing I can do about it. I can't help it or make it better.












Today we left them with my mother in law so we could run to home depot and get some lunch. They live downstairs so we didnt' have to take them out in the 10 degree weather but we needed to get out. It was nice but we felt like we were forgetting something. It's crazy that they've been in our lives for a little over a year and yet are a permenent fixture, something that has been there all along.




2 comments:

Christy said...

I hope Karly feels better soon! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like something is "off" with your kids. I had the same feeling with Andrew today, and he too was running a little temp. Mother's intuition is busy today!

The Lane Family said...

I hope Karly gets felling better soon and I am sure she will share it with her sister (they are so kind that way).

It is true, once you become a mom it just seems like you have always been doing it and you kind of forget what life was like before having them :)

The picture at the top is precious!!!