Friday, April 30, 2010

why oh why..

I wrote this whole post about difficulties with my work but deleted it. It's not going very well. The children are somewhat difficult. They do what they want, when they want. They have no respect for us or our classroom. It'sj ust hard.

I'm used to being this laid back teacher who loves to get goofy with the kids, make them laugh but this year if I even try to do one silly thing, it leads to two hours of trying get them refocused and continue. Maybe I've lost something.

The girls will be starting school in September. I'm very excited about it. They will be in the same building as I am. I'll get extra time in the morning and afternoon when we drive home. They will learn and do art projects and make friends. I feel so bad about our decision to leave them with mother in law. They don't do anything but snack and watch tv. They are afraid of strangers, a little delayed in their speach (not anything to worry about, just lack of experience?).

The drawback is the $1500/month its going to cost. That is a lot of money. I'm trying to remember it's worth it and because I work there, it's not as much of a stress to pay it. (If that makes sense).

Anyway.. We are hoping to make it to the Zoo this weekend. The girls loved the last Zoo we went to and it was a tiny one. Katie ended up with a fever on the drive home :( .. We are hoping this trip is much better :).

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think school is just plain difficult this time of year! Enjoy the zoo this weekend, I hope all of you have fun.