Monday, September 3, 2007

Had a great time..

In Atlantic City!!! We left friday morning and arrived at 10 am. We checked in to the "Super 8 Motel" yeah :(. It wasn't that great. The bed curved inward in the middle, it was small and there were webs in the drawers. Guess making reservations online wasn't such a great idea. Next time, more research. All though we did get names of nice hotels in the area, so now we know. We went to the casino's, played and played, walked the beach, ate at the buffet in the showboat. It was so good. Saturday we wanted to go swimming, so we went to the beach, set up our stuff but it was soooo windy. Sand was being blown in our faces, the water was so rough. Not to mention it was cold because it was windy. We decided that swimming wasn't going to happen, so we left. We drove around the nice town we stayed in, did some window shopping and had lunch at this food court in the Pier Mall. A mall on the water. How grand :). After walking the boardwalk again, we went back to our hotel and got ready for dinner.

Our dinner reservations were for 8:30 pm. That was the earliest we got. It was called "Casa de Napoli" and it was sooooooo good. I had chicken parm and he had chicken ravioli with alfredo sauce. We played a bit more in the casino and then about midnight, we headed back to our room. Here comes the trouble.

We arrive a little after midnight and our key card isn't working. So here we are, standing outside, late, in a strange place, next to the woods and we can't get into our room. I walk up to where the guy is supposed to be at and the door is locked and there's a sign on the desk that says "Be back in a few minutes". What!!!! So after pounding, knocking and ringing the bell, I give up and walk back to where my hubby is standing. After few minutes, I really get upset. I have to pee. So I walk back and start my banging again. I know nobody has entered the building but someone has to see me..right? Well a loud buzzer sounds and I turn the knob. As i walk in, a man bounces up from behind the desk. "May I help you" he says with a smile.

Well after another half hour, he finally gets us into our room. We pass out.

Sunday 9:00 am, someone starts pounding on the door. Never mind the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I yell "Sleeping!!" What's the natural thing to do? Walk in. Yeah. The maid let herself in. Check out is not until Noon!! So I yell at her. We're in bed. Thankfully dressed, but still I don't want her in my room. Because I had put the chain on, she didn't get far and left. Nice.

We checked out about an hour later. Why bother going back to sleep. We will never stay there again. Comment card filled out...check!

So we went back to warm! It was wonderful. We played in the casino, had lunch in a very nice place in the mall called "The Continental" mmmmm..

Okay so to wrap it up, we left with 250 $$ in our pocket, we only used debit at two resturants and left with 95 $$. Not bad for three full days of fun! I've gained only 3 pounds, but hey it was bound to happen.

School starts tomorrow. I get to meet a whole other bunch of children, ready to torture me for the next year :) j/k. I'm excited but nervous. I always am because they cry alot. I'm always excited about getting into september because October comes then and then I can start my IVF cycle again. Then this blog will be back to me talking about that.

1 comment:

Busted said...

Sounds like a fun trip!