Thursday, July 16, 2009

Feeling scared..


My baby Kate has to have tubes put in her ears. Year after year, my class is filled with children that have them. I know it's not a big thing but I guess it feels like a much bigger deal when it's your baby. She has fluid in both ears. He also said that he thinks shes a bit delayed in speech and physical development.


I do understand. She babbles but she doesn't repeat words or sounds. She can't stand on her own and won't let go of what shes holding onto because she will lose her balance and fall. She will walk if you hold her hand but that's it.


So in two weeks she will have tubes put in. They said I could go in with her until she's asleep and then go back in when she's awake. All about 10 minutes. I'm still scared.


I'm trying to remember the positive. She'll sleep better. No more tossing and turning and whining in her sleep. She'll start saying words and even take a few steps. Her ears won't bother her anymore. Overall, she'll be a happier baby, although she is a very quiet happy baby now, she'll just be happier.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh Tina, I'm so sorry! Having recently gone through that with Andrew, I know how scary just the POSSIBILITY of ear tubes was for me. When it's your own child, even a common occurrence seems like a big deal. But of course she will be fine, and like you said, she'll be even happier when it's over. Poor thing. I'll be thinking about all of you!

Kristen said...

I had tubes put into my ears three or four times as a child. Without it I don't think I'd be where I am now, as my speech and hearing was greatly affected before I had them. I'm positive, as scared as ou are, that Kate will do beautifully!!!!

Teri said...

I had tubes in my ears 3 times as a kid...the only hardship I had as a result was not being able to swim/get water in my ears (they've since improved them a TON, though)! We'll be praying for little Katie, but I'm sure she'll be a little trooper!

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor thing. I'll be thinking about her and you, I know this is scary but it will help her so much!

The Lane Family said...

We have had the issue of tubes discussed so many times with the girls and Aidan and like you it is so scary. I will hope all goes well.

By the way their birthday hats or SOO cute!!!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I am sure that all will go well but that doesn't keep Mama's from worrying, I understand!