Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Okay :)

My problem about working out was finding the time, right?

Then I realized that I work with a bunch of energy balls and what do wonderfully active 2 year olds want to do? Move!

The light went toff. Why not have 2-1/2 hour moments where we just bust out to fun music? Well? Why not?

Exactly.

Parents love it and tease me with saying they are bringing in a video camera. I bring in shakers, streamers, rhythm sticks and we throw in some fun aerobic moves for them to follow. We march, jog in place, squats, jumpin jacks, high kicks, lunges and it's all to music. It is so much fun and watching them attempt or even do is funny. I have one that watches me intently then follows my every move. And at the end of my day, I've had an hour of cardio and the kids have had a lot of fun.

I know it's working because my legs are feeling it and I've lost a pound :) Yay!!

_______________________________

Girls got their first "report" from daycare. Katherine put her sister in a head lock and started smacking her in the head. When I talked to her about it, she grabbed me and said "I love you so much" I had to push her back and say 'I love you too but you don't hit your sister" Karly was walking around saying "Katherine hit me, Katherine hit me" ..

and the girls like peas :) LOVE peas haha

Hoping everyone is enjoying the first week of the New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! What a great way to get exercise! I know those kids are benefiting from the aerobics too! Great work!

Cassie said...

I WISH ANDREW WAS IN YOUR CLASS!

And that's terrible about Katie hitting Karly, but sort of funny and cute too. :) It won't be if it continues, of course!

The Lane Family said...

What a great way to work and get your cardio in..I love that!!

The girls and their report....it sounds just like my girls. I think it is so funny that they can be the best of friends and the worst of enemies!!