Monday, August 22, 2011

Work is crazy

At the end of this week, we close our doors until the Tuesday after Labor Day. Everything is crazy. Some staff are leaving and everyone is waiting for room assignments.

A few months ago, I posted about a teacher having issues in the classroom. Well, she's going to be my new assistant this year. My afternoon helper. This should be fun being that she doesn't like me. She wants to work full time, but my boss isn't going to let her work full being that she isn't up to standards. I'm excited about my morning assistant. I worked with her the year I found out I was pregnant, she was actually the first person I told. I had only worked with her about a month when I got the phone call and nearly passed out. She said "Are you okay, Ms. Tina?" I said "I'm pregnant". She kept a really good secret though. Anyway she's a sweetheart and I'm excited.

However, due to some staff leaving, others aren't as lucky to have a home. We are 4 staff members short for September. The center I work for has a 2 year waiting list approximately and this year we are packed. So needless to say, it's a bit crazy.

In other news, my yearbook is complete, certificates have been filled out, progress reports are done and lesson plans are almost done for the month of September. I'm happy :) .




No comments: