Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tis the season...

Loving all the Christmas Music!!!
Things to blog about:
  • Christmas shopping
  • Girls and the day
  • Why do some people do what they do?
  • Going out

1. Yesterday, my dh decided that we needed to go out as a family and do some Holiday shopping. It was a very nice afternoon. (We didn't head out until 4). We went to Fortunoff and JCPenneys. We spent a lot, got some nice things for the girls. I know they don't know what's going but they need stuff so why not? Besides, between now and July they will need stuff right? After shopping, we ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise and then went to Babies R Us. There were hardly any people there and the girls were being so good until the end. In BRU, Katie wanted out of her carseat so I took her out and let her sit in the shopping cart. She did so well! I was so afraid of all the germs, so I held on to her hands so she wouldn't touch it. I was not prepared for this moment, so I didn't bring any sanitizer or the cover. Overall it was a very nice family day.

2. Today was a pretty good day. Katie and Daddy got up around 9 and went to the living room and left mommy and Karly sleeping. Karly woke up and daddy come in around 10:15 but for some reason mommy couldn't wake up. Reason: it seems that Mommy has come down with a bug. I didn't feel well at all and was so tired, even after a full nights sleep. I got up a little before 11 and made the girls bottles. (Daddy apparently didn't know they needed to eat :)) After their bottles, they played for awhile then I made them some cereal and applesauce for lunch. After that, they took a nap and I layed back. Still not feeling well. The girls didn't sleep long and it was back to work. They are getting so much bigger and I just look at them and miss those teeny tiny babies I use to have. Karly pulled herself up on her knees today and her face went into the mattress lol. It was cute. Katie coos and gahs a lot more and is getting louder. I ended up going to be at 330 and sleeping until 530 with Katie while daddy played with Karly. I really should be going to bed because I'm feeling pretty bad but I wanted to post and I still have to make bottles. So much for time management.

3. Why do people give their 7 day old cereal? I know why one parent did it. So he would sleep through the night. Well guess what...it didn't work. Now he's one very big 2 month old. I just don't get it. I have another friend who just had a baby and all she did when I called to say congrats was complain. OH she doesn't sleep, all she wanted to do was play, I'm tired....Okay I get it, the beginning is hard but wheres the "She's so pretty, so precious, so tiny, I'm in love?" Oh well.

4. I went out Friday night to my boss' house and got drunk..it was nice lol. She kept refilling my Apple Martini...oh it was soooooooooooo good. I was feeling sick to my stomach yesterday but totally worth it. I left around 7 pm, the girls did the night routine with daddy and I dont' think they missed me. I didn't even feel guilty about leaving.

I think this is all that's on my mind. Night.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm so glad you got out and had some time just for yourself, and you SHOULDN'T feel guilty about it -- you deserve it! :o)

Sorry you're not feeling well...hope you get over it quickly!

(Oh, and I am totally buying a ton of stuff for Andrew for Christmas. So what if he doesn't know what's going on? It's still his first Christmas and I just want to give him a taste of what's to come! LOL)