Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shots tomorrow

The girls have an 8 am appointment to get their 2 month shots. I made my husband take the day off to help me with the babies because when they got their hep b shot, they were miserable. Then we have to get the car inspected, head to walmart then come home with our tylenol dosed infants. Today was nice relaxing rainy day. I cleaned the house, shampooed the carpet, took a nap with the babies and even watched a movie with hubby. Everything was fine until it was time to put babies down for bed. I started at 8:30 with bottle and they went to sleep at 10. It would of been better if there hadn't been so much crying.

There is something bothering me though. SIDS. This is just a cruel joke to parents. Hey, you're pregnant! You give birth, you have this amazing human being or two or three and then one morning they're gone. I'm so afraid of this and there is nothing I can do about it and that terrifies me.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Ohhh, shots are no fun. Both times Andrew has gotten his vaccines, he has about a week of fussiness, both day and night, which is not fun. But thank goodness for baby Tylenol!

I think SIDS is something that every new mother has in the back of her mind, regardless of how healthy baby (in your case, BABIES) is. Just try not to think about it too much or you'll drive yourself crazy worrying about something that, I promise you, WILL NOT happen!

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* Good luck with the shots!

I can't even begin to think about SIDS, and I don't think you should either. It's an awful thing and will just destroy you thinking about.