Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's been a busy day...

Day 2 of maternity leave :).

I started the day by making breakfast for hubby and I. I did my nebulizer treatment (which is what the dr said I needed for my coughing) and then watched some tv. Then I got that cleaning bug. I wanted to get as much done as I could today, so I unmade the crib, added the mattress protectors, remade the crib and started washing baby clothing. I did 3 loads of baby clothes and hung/folded them and put them away. We put both papasan chairs together and I went through more of the baby stuff we got. My hubby went through all his books and junk and we are getting there. Then we out, ate, did some shopping, came home and finished what we had started this morning. It's been a long day.

The babies are reacting to the nebulizer. About 20 minutes after I use it, I get the nervousness. I start shaking a bit but the babies are too funny. They start jumping and turning and rolling around. They kicked repeatedly and I loved it. I know albuterol is a stimulant/steroid but the dr said it was okay. I have to do the treatments every 6 hours, it's seems a bit much but I only do it twice a day. I still have fears of using meds like that.

My next appointment is next wednesday and all it is is a heartbeat/weight/vital check. My next growth scan is for 2 weeks from tomorrow. It still seems so far off.

Today I have also been a little upset. My friend who threw the shower for me told me that my MIL had arrived early to the shower. As she sat there, she started telling them that I was a cold person and no matter how much she tried to be nice, I wasn't nice back, then started on how wonderful my hubby is. Why would you go to someones shower and talk bad about the person the shower was for? It doesn't make sense. So I thought it didn't matter. I know she doesn't like me and she isn't nice to me. She is actually somewhat of bitch. She told me that she wanted her son to marry his ex and she admitted to me that she doesn't like me but denied it when I told my hubby. I am always nice to her but lately (since I've found out) she's been getting a very COLD shoulder from me. She will continue to until I've decided to confront her, or let it roll. I really don't care anymore. But the way I see it, Since I'm always cold, there shouldn't really be any difference in my behavior. Correct? If she notices my cold behavior, then I guess I'm not as cold as she says I am. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah, I'm sorry your MIL is such a wench. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have her negative energy. Just you focus on yourself and one day she will see what a great person you are because of what great little children you have raised.

That's awesome with your cleaning-I wish I was so motivated!

Ariella said...

Sounds like you have a B-itch as a MIL. I hate mine too and she doesn't like me either. I hope your DH will stand up to her, mine does and that really helps.