My wishes for delivery are simple. Nobody come until called or wait until the 6 pm visiting hours. I figure that babies, if they come as scheduled, will arrive around 10 am, maybe earlier, but we'll say 10.
- 10:45 c-section complete, I may/may not get to see the babies.
- 11:00 hubby leaves for nursery/nicu with babies for their baths, checkups etc..
- 12:30-1:00 I get out of recovery to my own room. Still haven't seen/held/touched my babies.
- 1:00 visiting hours start. People come in expecting to hold/see babies and I still haven't had any bonding time.
- 4:00 everyone has to leave. Visiting hours over..finally get time with my babies.
So if they day happens like this, I won't be bonding with my babies until everyone else does.
The problem is, is that people want to show up and wait until they are born and sit in the waiting room. How am I supposed to enjoy this expierence knowing there are people waiting to get in? Am I going to be able to relax and try breastfeeding the little ones knowing that the clock is ticking to get the visitors in and out? I'm stressed even thinking about it. The next visiting hours are from 6-8. I figure more people will show up after work. The whole thing stresses me out and we can hope for perfect timing, that by 1, we've bonded as a family, both babies are fine and we are ready to except visitors at 1, but I can't promise. But since no one wants to do it my way, I guess my only option is to not care what they are doing and if they chose not do follow my wishes or adhere to my concerns, then they can sit there. I know nurses don't let visitors in until the mother is ready. So that's the way it's going to happen. Still it stresses me.