Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Loooong day that ended with oreos...

and fat free milk :(.

I woke up this morning at 630 to get Karly out of her crib. She's been sleeping through the night for the last 5 months but lately (since she got her tooth) she wants mommy cuddle time at midnight, 3 etc... When I pick her up, I get a big smile and in goes the thumb as she curls into me and goes back to sleep. How do you say no to that?! So last night, I really started feeling bad. They both woke up repeatedly but I didn't get up with them. They fussed themselves back to sleep but I don't want them thinking that I won't come to them if they need me..anyway that's for another day.

So I get up at 630, pick up Karly and crawl back into bed because I wasn't feeling well. Around 7, Katie woke up and I went to go get bottles. We always do morning bottles in bed with cartoons on. I love it. So I go to get bottles and realize there are none made. There is no milk made. There are no clean bottles?! Donald has been getting the morning bottles ready the night before for awhile and usually I wash the bottles before I go to bed but it completely slipped my mind. So I had to scrub up some bottles (girls are now crying) and make some milk (How I wish I could of breast fed). I give them their bottles.

Then we had to get ready for our well visits. We arrived at 9 or a few minutes after. We waited for almost an hour! It was insane. We kept them as calm as we could and Thank God I have a friend that works in the drs office because she bumped us up. I didn't ask, but she said she felt bad because I have two babies to keep happy in the waiting room. So we go back and Katie weighs 19 lbs and Karly weighs 15.4 lbs. Right before the dr comes in, Katie starts throwing her tantrum. Shes crying, screaming and so on. We lay her down to get her shot, she's already crying and then she starts screaming. Karly cried for about 5 seconds, bless her little heart.

So we leave the office. Katie crying, Karly happy. We decide to get something to eat. We go to t he diner, we feed the babies and ourselves and start talking about how neither of us feel well and it's wearing us down. I make us an appointment. It's at 1. Then I remembered that we are out of formula at home. We drive to shop rite, buy some formula ($200 worth that will last us 2 do they sleep at night?) Then head to our drs appointment. We give them bottles at the drs and they stay calm. After an hour and half we get called back. Donald has a throat infection, I have an infection in my chest. We are both on antibiotics.

I get home at 2, we unload the car, I go upstairs, drink some juice and get ready for work. Work until 6, pharmacy then home. Feed babies, feed myself then snuggle with babies while they drink their last bottle, jammies then bed. I wash all the bottles, make enough bottles for tomorrow and the next morning, down 4 oreaos and now I'm blogging with a bottle of water.
Diet today--
Breakfast was Ham, Egg and Cheese Wrap w/ potatoes
Lunch was skipped
Dinner was a homemade hamburger w/soup
Snacks 4 oreas, peanuts
Drinks unsweetened ice tea, water and OJ


Cassie said...

Wow, that does sound like a long day. I would have had Oreos too after all of that! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Teri said...

What a rough day - I hope you're feeling better soon!

The thing I can't get over, though, is $100/week for formula! ACK!

Teri said...

By the way, what formula do you use? I have some Similac checks (don't ask me why I am getting them, I really have no clue) that I want to get rid of and it really sounds like you could use them! If so, shoot me an email with your mailing address to princessteri8 at yahoo dot com

Patty H. said...

Wow, formula is expensive! Holy crap! I would have eaten about 10 oreos after a day like that!