Friday, April 8, 2011

It's the weekend!

This morning I needed to go to CVS to get Karly some Saline and Benedryl for her cold. She's already on pulmicort but when she lays down she starts gagging, a sure sign of post nasal drip. While in CVS, Karly was walking and bumped into one of those little shelves that stick out to advertise things. It wasn't obvious that it was there. This is what happened.
It looked a lot worse than it actually was. At first I was going to take her to school and let the nurse bandage it up. CVS suggested I go to the ER. My friend said the same thing being she got hurt on metal. I didn't think it was that severe so I took her to the school nurse who cleaned it and bandaged it and suggested I call the dr. The dr told me to take her to the ER. So instead of getting my classroom ready, I dropped off Katie and took Karly to the ER.


They cleaned it and gave me instructions for the year .. yeah year. I have to put Vit E oil on it for a few weeks then sunscreen everyday for a year. ER dr also said she had a virus. He was nice enough to check her out for me haha.


The rest of the day went by without any problems. I did more training and learned a few more disturbing things like the kitchen play area is only a reward for children that are behaving so the children that weren't listening don't get to play in it. WHAT?? I told them I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. They are, however, on their best behavior and my girls are happily enjoying another room :) .


This blog post literally took 4 hours lol. I'm sure I had more to blog about, maybe even something interesting, but It's all left my head.

3 comments:

The Lane Family said...

Both little girl. Once again the joys and adventures of parenting...we can have all the plans in the world and then life happens and we just go with it.

The part about who can and can't play with the kitchen stuff...that is just weird..I am glad your girls get to be in another class.

Anonymous said...

That's really weird to have play areas that are rewards. It makes it kind of exclusive. Can your girls just stay in the other room permanently?

Cassie said...

Ouch, poor Karly! My goodness.

I'm glad your girls are in another room. Things sound like they are seriously messed up in the room they were in.